Spark Plug Reading was: WPSLPGExhaust Gas Oxygen (EGO) sensor

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Fri Aug 4 23:14:38 GMT 2000

This is a great topic, and I do appreciate all of you who are passing along
their BTDT on the subject.  I do use rough evaluation of the plug to tell
how things are doing (proper color of the insulator, looking for fouling,
etc.).  I've heard that in order to be able to best anaylze the plugs it is
best to shut down the engine immediately after a test situation, say for
instance running at typical highway cruise ... and that driving the car home
after the test will render the readings on the plug inaccurate ... what
think ye?  Are you all pulling over to the side of the road with a hot
engine and pulling plugs?

Thanks again!
Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)