Saab 9000 LH-jetronic turbo tuning

:) :( perkelpuk at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 11:36:19 GMT 2000

Hello.

I have a saab 99 with a 16v turbo engine (84 engine). If you now swedish you
can take a look at www.saabuel.com.

The easy way to tune your car would be to adjust the apc-box. Search on apc
and saab on the net. After a coouple of days later you may want some more
hp. Buy a chip and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator, or buy or build a
add on fuel controller and weld on some more injectors. (I am currently
building a add on fuel injection system and plan to have about 1,5 bars of
boost. To boost this much safely you need quite a bit of fuel i do not think
it is possible with your standard injectors regardless of the fuel pressure,
so you either have to change the injectors or have some more of them. )
After this you may want another turbo. On my saab i have a small mitsubichi
turbo ( TD04HL-13T ) it gives a much better response then the original
garret t3. It is also a good idea to have a bigger down pipe. The gearboxes
on the saabs are not the sturdiest on the market to say the least so take it
easy.

//klas