Suzuki cycle ECUs?

Eric Bryant BRYANTE at ghsp.com
Fri Dec 8 13:50:36 GMT 2000

> From: Wayne Macdonald [mailto:wmcdonal at optushome.com.au]
> Subject: Re: Subject: Suzuki cycle ECUs?
>
> I am doing a lot of work with motorcycle ECU's and would be
> interested in any info.
> What are you planning to do once you have it out ?

I'm hoping to learn enough to develop some custom calibration for the Suzuki
TL ECU.  As you may know, these bikes weren't delivered with the greatest
fuel calibration from the factory, and relatively minor mods such as an
aftermarket exhaust and intake mods can really throw things off.  There's
only two options for tuning - Dynojet's PC II (a "piggyback" box) and
Yoshimura's programming tool, which is very limited in its adjustment.  I'd
like to tune the bike better than those tools allow.

This is my first attempt at hacking into an ECU, and I'm hoping that the
relative simplicity of most motorcycle EFI systems makes this a reasonable
project.

A guy by the name of Eric Stratten had some information up about the Suzuki
TL1000S ECU, but this portion of his site is no longer up and attempts to
contact him have been unsuccessful.  If anyone has the info that was on his
site, I'd really, really like to see it.

Eric Bryant
mailto:bryante at ghsp.com
http://www.novagate.com/~bryante