water injection

Andrew Theurer andrewt at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 1 16:01:43 GMT 2000

Concerning water injection and atomization, has anyone considered using
a fuel rail and fuel injectors to do this?  I'm thinking of using my
existing stock injectors, fuel pressure regulator, and maybe fuel pump
(and small fuel cell) to run my water injection, controlled by one of my
efi332 ECU's.  I'll need to step up to bigger injectors for fuel anyway
(probably 860cc), so I might as well make use of the old parts.  Anyone
see any problem delivering water this way?  Seems to me to be the safest
& most accurrate way to do this.  Now, the ulimate is to have the water
injection ECU read EGT, and knock (maybe from J&S), and alter is "water
map" to accomidate varying conditions.  Just a thought....

-Andrew