New member, programming under boost questions

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Tue Feb 1 05:43:04 GMT 2000

> Hi!  I've spent a good deal of time reading the archives and pouring over
> PROM dumps, and I've got a few questions that I didn't find answers for.
> First, the scenario:
>
> '94 Corvette 350LT1 w/6psi Vortech
> ...and under construction:
> 396LT1 w/50# injectors, 12-15psi boost, 2 core intercooler
>
> My first goal, under the heading of "learn on the old motor first", is to
> eliminate the FMU and alter the spark tables to be better suited to the
> blown application.

I don't see the logic in eliminating the FMU.  It's the only thing raising
your fuel
capacity.

> My big question is about the WOT Enrichment vs. RPM table.  It's described
> in some places as specifying a desired AF ratio, in others as a percentage
> of extra fuel to add during WOT.  Which is more accurate?  How does the O2
> sensor get figured into this blanket enrichment at WOT?

Very little if at all.

> My second question relates more specifically to accomodating boost.  Since
> the VE tables are limited to 100%, what's the best way to program for
boost?
> I'm thinking this:
> 1) In the RPM range where boost is present, in the 100kPa column, set VE
> 100%

If you don't have enough fuel, still will be lean.  Or possibly too much (I
doubt)

> 2) Get the extra fuel to accomodate the true >100% VE by upping the WOT
> enrichment table entries

There is a mechanical limit.  Once you run out of fuel, it's mute.  Need
enough injector, fuel pump, etc.

> I can't really do #2 without understanding that table a little better,
hence
> the original question.  Any feedback on how I should go about programming
> the LT1 controller for boost would be greatly appreciated!

The LT1 is stock form has no accomodation for boost.  To do this right you
need for the calibration to see what the engine load is.
Grumpy