LRP and O2 sensors

dzorde at erggroup.com dzorde at erggroup.com
Mon Jan 10 00:21:34 GMT 2000

Hi all,

For those unaware, Western Australia has just moved from leaded petrol to lead
replacement petrol (oh joy, like New Zealand).  Anyway there has been lots of
talk about whether it harms the older engines, but no one has mentioned whether
it is now safe to permanently mount the O2 in the car.  So I guess my question
is, can anyone confirm whether O2 sensors are resistant to LRP (apparently LRP
is based on premium unleaded blended with a potassium brew of some sort) ?

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com