Holley Projection 2D

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Jan 22 19:08:32 GMT 2000

| I would love to do that, and hopefully will be able to in the future, my
| stepfather has a 454 in a 3/4 ton 4X4 '72 chevy w/Holley analog 4bbl that
needs
| the same treatment.  I believe I have seen where there is a place for IAC
in the
| Holley TB (I think I remember reading somewhere that it is a Chrysler
unit?).  I
| guess I should start gathering info on what all is going to be needed,  I
think
| the Holley has 85lb/h injectors.  What would be a good cal to start with?

454 BBC, 747 prom calibration.  Will take some work to get it, right.  4 at 85
would feed, what 720 HP, which is ridiculious (for a TBI, again IMHO).  So
part of the problem with the 4 at 85 idea is like when you run big injecotors
on any thing, screwy injector durations (IMHO).  Then how much airflow do
you really need?.

| I was thinking this might be a quick and easy improvement for the short
haul
| though...

Ya, but why do things twice?..  Sorry but I'm getting to old to want to
spend my time doing things over.  In a long run cheaper to do it right (?)
the first time.

| Do you know off hand how much air a BBC TB will flow???  I guess I could
as my
| uncle how big his throttle plates are in the Holley.

The two barrel 2" according to Holley is 670 CFM.
The 4 barrel holleys as I recall are 1 5/8, or 1 11/16"...
Grumpy

| Thanks
| Gabe
|
| Bruce Plecan wrote:
|
| > I'm just boring to listen to but why not wire it to a 1227747 (gm ecm),
get
| > a copy of the demoware from Tunercat, a chip burner, an eraser, and some
| > spare proms, and custonize a good computer to your needs.
| >    I don't know if any of the holleys use an IAC, might need to get
Howell

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org