fuel cooling intake air

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Sat Jul 8 01:10:37 GMT 2000

>  What will that do to the the cooling
>> efficiency of the intercooler?
>
>Lessen it.   But, I can take a ton of heat out of things thru vaporization.

So are you saying, that the intercooler will be less efficient, *but* the total cooling effect will be greater by injecting pre-icooler?

What is the real reason you want to inject pre-icooler?

I'm interested in this becuase I just started playing with water injection, and I am trying to decide where the best place to inject the water is. I might try some gasoline or alcohol somewhere also when I lift the boost level.

I've heard that the serious Rally guys inject before the intercooler when using water injection. Don't know the reasoning. Any thoughts?

==
Dennis Doza II

87Shelby Charger B/S-15.8 at 88mph-Driver
87Shelby Charger R/S-13.24 at 103mph-Dad's racer
99Dakota Sport-15.5 at 87mph-For Sale $12,250
85Shelby Charger Red-15.1 at 96mph-dead-partscar
Member of Gateway Neon and Modern Mopars http://204.50.82.80/gwneon/memb/dennisd.htm