fuel cooling intake air

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Jul 8 01:38:06 GMT 2000

> >  What will that do to the the cooling
> >> efficiency of the intercooler?
> >Lessen it.   But, I can take a ton of heat out of things thru
vaporization.
> So are you saying, that the intercooler will be less efficient, *but* the
total cooling effect will be greater by injecting pre-icooler?

Yepper.

> What is the real reason you want to inject pre-icooler?

Cooling the charge.

> I'm interested in this becuase I just started playing with water
injection, and I am trying to decide where the best place to inject the
water is. I might try some gasoline or alcohol somewhere also when I lift
the boost level.

Two things, vaporization, adamization.  Vaporization for cooling the chagre,
and adamization for detonation supression.

> I've heard that the serious Rally guys inject before the intercooler when
using water injection. Don't know the reasoning. Any thoughts?

That's what were talking about,
pre intercooler is best for vaporization,
post intercooler (and close to ports) is best for adamization,
Grumpy