Hello

Rodney Fulk elixir at pathwaynet.com
Sun Jul 9 21:01:59 GMT 2000

A couple of us are looking into making a universal powerful tool under
Linux.
It would eventually allow ANYONE running Linux to scan their car as well as
program them if they have flash roms. (I foresee someone even allowing it to
modify images to be burned onto PROM chips when we get it going well.)

Theoretically the way its being done would allow ANY programmable or
scannable engine control system to be controlled or scanned under Linux. You
could even run more then one scanner at the same time to check for different
things.

The changing between cars theoretically should be as easy as changing to a
different printer under Windows.

Anyone interested in working on this project should contact me for details.

Once off the ground we will likely need some testers for them too.

Since it is intended to be a group designed project it should be free and
very powerful when finished.

Especially if you already have working code since reinventing the wheel is
never very exciting.

elixir at pathwaynet.com