Dual Fuel EFI

Jorgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Sun Jul 16 16:47:46 GMT 2000

> Have any of you guys ever given this any thought?

Yes, a lot!

There was a discussion a while ago about different ways of implementing it
on a GMC syclone. I think that the archives are downloadable from the ftp
site. ftp.diy-efi.org/incomming. I think that it was a year ago.

As I see it the only problem with this is where to find resonably priced
methanol injectors, pump and regulators.

With proper injecor sizes for alcohol and petrol you only have to disconnect
the ground leads on the unused set of injectors.

I hope to get some smaller methanol compatible injectors soon, I hope to run
two of these on each cylinder. I will also try to come up with a smart
system for flushing the entire system with petrol without contaminating the
methanol in the tank. I have heard that this is needed if you run race
methanol even if you use methanol compatible parts.

Jorgen Karlsson
Gothenburg, Sweden.