fuel pressure and regulators

Laura & Neil neilaura at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 1 14:25:30 GMT 2000

Mitch Barrie wrote:

> I am planning to put a new fuel tank into my my carbureted Chevy and
> decided that since the car will be apart, I may as well get a modern
> internal electric fuel pump.  This would drive the TPI setup I intend to
> install sometime in the future.  In the meantime I would have my old
> carbureted motor, and would set up a regulator and return line to so the
> electric pump worked on the carb system.

I may be totally wrong. (Grumpy will let me know I'm sure) but as this is only a
temporary measure why use the electric pump at all.
As far as I can make out from the exploded diagrams I have, if you hook up your
existing fuel line to the electric pump outlet, there should be nothing to stop
the mechanical pump pulling the fuel out of the tank.
Am I wrong Grumpy?.

Neil