fuel pressure and regulators

The Urban Redneck redneck at employees.org
Thu Jun 1 14:39:30 GMT 2000

> I may be totally wrong. (Grumpy will let me know I'm sure) but as this is only a
> temporary measure why use the electric pump at all.
> As far as I can make out from the exploded diagrams I have, if you hook up your
> existing fuel line to the electric pump outlet, there should be nothing to stop
> the mechanical pump pulling the fuel out of the tank.

I thought about bypassing the electric fuel pump, but I'm not sure how long it will be before I put in the EFI motor and I was worried about leaving the unit non-operational for so long.  Don't want too many surprises when I finally get the TPI motor in.  Maybe I don't have anything to worry about.

Again, all I want to do is install the tank and fuel pump once, without having to worry about dropping the tank and swapping a $200 fuel pump when I move to a different motor with different fuel requirements.

Thanks for all the comments.  What I'm seeing in these replies is a lot of educated conjecture, and I've been conjecturing along the same lines myself.  I think I'll call up a couple fuel pump manufacturers and see what they think.

Thanks again,

Mitch