EGOR

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Thu Jun 8 17:28:11 GMT 2000

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 19:10:24 +0200, "Paul Murphy" <paul at vb.co.za> wrote:

>No tax/customs inspectors are going to be staking your
>place out, if your pushing out a few EGORS a week, without proper paperwork.

Oh well, I'm VERY familiar with what can happen if all the paperwork
isn't filed in timely fashion, with the IRS, for example. We recently
suffered some severe damage with the non-profit corp that was formed to
umbrella our XAv operation. These days I'm living as
regulatory-squeeky-clean, and have to err on the side of due-diligence;
hence my lament. I know I'm going to have to study this issue, and I
doubt if I'll find it exciting and interesting reading. :)

But I do appreciate the tips, especially the specifics on what diff.
locales "prefer" as the declared goods. Importation INTO the US for
example, is highly preferential to ANY aircraft parts or *used* auto
parts. On the aircraft repair parts, there are NO duties at all
apparently.

>I just request that you invoice me for "computer interface" and
>NOT auto parts. Duty on computer stuff is 5% for
>ZA. Totally legit for the module as thats all it does, you could use the
>module with the same sensor in a industrial furnace if you want.
>I suggest you label you meter a "Gas Analyser" as opposed to "exhaust gas
>anaylser".
>
>Most countries have very tricky import taxes on auto components.

OK, the above good to know.

>Is this EGOR going to take longer than a month before you start shipping ?
>
>Its just I saw a few "its just around the corner posts" dated 1998, in the
>archives
>
>Well enough of my whining.

That's perfectly OK, EVERYBODY feels that way about it, including
ourselves. Some of the snags have been REAL annoying. Honestly, I've
intentionally said we won't commit to shipping nor pricing until we've
made the first batch. It's going well, and we DO intend to announce
prices in a week or two, but can I tell you if we'll be shipping by a
particular date? Realistically, no. Fact is, the first batch we build in
pilot is already spoken for, primarily going to those clients who've
also helped us with materials sourcing, loaner-testbed cars, or test
equipment.

That's all I can tell ya at this point. We've had enough delays already
that I think most everyone has learned to simply sigh like we do, and
tell themselves it'll happen when it happens. That's the realism of life
I'm afraid.

Gar