keeping a turbo spooled/energy management

TVS TKMVS at clara.net
Thu Jun 15 00:57:15 GMT 2000

> In a more general sense I think it'd be interesting to discuss
> any other ways to keep a turbo spooled up, especially ones that
> make more efficient use of things we might already have.

I haven't given this much thought... so I apologise now if there is a very
good reason not to do this....
Why not dump the air back in to the exhaust before the turbo? This would
reduce the exhaust temp. and hence the turbos temp. Also, the extra air
would expand so spinning the turbo faster..? Even dump some more fuel in
there as well, but that might kill the turbo! Toby.