SV: EGT gauges

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Jun 15 13:51:08 GMT 2000

On Tue, 5 Jan 1988, espen hilde wrote:

> Hi! Try this URL:  http://www.oc2net.net/exhaustgas/catselect.idc
> Know nothing if the EGT works as advertised ,but sure looks nice.
> Espen

I found that link.  The racepak - digital look the best, but they want
alot of money for a simple piece of hardware.    I am considering
getting the two channel gauge, and plumbing all of my exhaust pipes,
and figuring out how to build my own hardware.

I would need something with at least 8 A/D channels (or 1 A/D channel
and a electronic switch) and several inputs/outputs, and a LCD
driver, so either a PIC or a basic stamp would seem to do the job.
The above and throw 16k of static ram with it, and I should be able to
hold at least 2.5 minutes of data at 10 per second.

Given the prices that they want for just 4 channels ($650 without the
download option, the download option is $250 more), and that is
without the sensors, so big money.

			Roger