Honda/NGK O2 sensor part # versus Horiba/NGK O2 sensor part #s

Axel Rietschin Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com
Fri Jun 16 03:16:10 GMT 2000

> On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:22:18 +0200, "Axel Rietschin"
> <Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com> wrote:

> You will in a moment; bear with me.

You start implying a little too much...

>If each had it's cal resistor
> embedded in their respective plugs, how did you MOVE the cal R in the
> Honda connector, into the Deutsch connector?, which I presume is
> required to hook up the sensor to your ECU.

I didn't move any resistor, but used a different cable to connect to the
ECU.

Simple, is it not?

The Honda sensor was used with its own resistor, and produced a wrong
reading. The other sensor was also used with its own resistor, and produce a
good reading.

I think I cannot make myself more clearer. The reading is different between
the sensor sourced from my ECU manufacturer and the sensor sourced from
Honda. Both were used with their own calibrating resistors, said resistor
are inside the respective plug of each sensor and was never removed or
altered in anyway.

> One last question; with the two sensors before you, look at the sensor
> tip, and tell me if BOTH each have a single ring of holes around the
> sensor tip. Tell me if they have exactly the SAME pattern of holes in
> each case, please.

As far as I recall, the sensors themselves are undistinguishable from each
other to the naked eye.

However, the READING definitely is not the same, and the difference is
sufficient to burn an engine.

Also, I've got to see a third sensor coming from yet another source
(Marelli) and again, it looked exactly the same. I didn't compare the values
with this this one, however, so I can't tell anything more about it.

Axel