Rover GEMS V Motronics

Roderick Warner Roderick_Warner at notes.teradyne.com
Mon Jun 19 14:03:14 GMT 2000

Frank wrote :
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:12:24 +0100
From: Franc Buxton <fab at dcs.warwick.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Bosch Motronics V Rover GEMS

     Hi, Guys,

     I may be able to offer some small insight into Rover GEMS. It isn't an easy
system to hack, or indeed to put on any custom application, ...........

....... You can't even get it to _run_ without the dealer hardware to
reset the security code! Anybody who can do a successful hack without any
factory
help has my undying admiration - good luck, but if I were in your position I'd
stick
with good old hackable Bosch Moronic!

     (Just my two bits-of-the-lowest-denomination-of-local-currency-worth.
Please
hack it and tell us the results, just don't take it on lightly!)  :>)

     Best regards,
          Franc.
- --
      W------W
    WW---  ---WW     fab at dcs.warwick.ac.uk
   (|     L    |)    fab at StunnedBuffalo.com
      X\____/X       tel.: +44 (0)705 060 4-FAB
       XXXXXX             (+44 (0)705 060 4 322)
        XXXX         http://www.StunnedBuffalo.com

Thanks Frank - you have probably saved me a deal of pain - I'll stick to the
Motronics  and publish info as I make progress + I' ll buy you a pint when I'm
next near Warwick

               Rod