Honda/NGK O2 sensor part # versus Horiba/NGK O2 sensor part #s

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Tue Jun 20 17:14:13 GMT 2000

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:14:09 -0700, "Fritz Moore" <fbmoore at ucdavis.edu>
wrote:

>	Im sure your tired of being asked, but can you say anymore about when and
>how much.

I TOLD you not to ask that! But I'll tell you what I'm even MORE tired
of: having to tell people please don't ask me that. :)

I spose if I announce the pricing, that will buy me somemore time before
I have to say "when". :)

Seriously, the first batch is coming along very nicely, no hitches so
far, just the jigs for machining the boxes more quickly, the dies for
cutting the panel laminates (yes, I built the dies meself), the molds
for potting the circuit assembly for both module and meter, etc. etc.;
that all takes time, but will be worth it in the long run to speed up
delivery. I still like to think of them as being made just like
Stradivari built his toys, tho. :)  In the end, they're each built by
hand one at a time, regardless of how much batch tooling you setup with.
I don't expect this to be a big volume thing either really (remember I'm
retired ya know :), but I want to have things semi-automated to the
point of being able to turn around a request in a timely fashion.

>Im putting in a data acquisition next week to test a cam I designed and I
>had hoped to include the wide range.  If it will be more than a month Ill
>probably get what i can from a standard sensor until yours is ready.

Realistically, since the first lot is already spoken for, it could
easily be another month. Also, this gives me another opportunity to
squelch a rumor that was recently started. There IS NO advance booking
or place-holding or anything of the sort going on. I'm not even keeping
track of people expressing interest. WHEN we're ready to take orders
(and we WON'T even *take* yours unless we're able to ship within 2-3wks
ARO), I'll say "GO" here onlist, and then it will be first come/first
served. I'm not overly fond of this commercial crapola I've been jammed
into; frankly it's a big pain in the bunyips. So I'm trying to keep the
bidniss "fun" down to a minimum.

I'll see if I can't get the "how much" out here shortly.

Gar