Old 486 Board for ECU??

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Mon May 1 21:03:37 GMT 2000

You are the man!  I was so green with envy that I couldn't see with all the
tears in my eyes!  Wow!

I assume that you have pretty well stripped down the Linux OS for this
puppy.  What do you think your problems are WRT the fuel injection system?
That is, why do you think it won't run right?

I wouldn't think the 4 displays would be so tough.  Are you trying to do
graphic mode, or just text mode?  You might try to use a fifo to manage the
4 displays.  You create the fifo and have a program listen to it.  This
middleware program would then delegate display instructions received on the
fifo to the appropriate "real" display.  Then, you write all of your guage
programs to talk to the fifo with some vt100-like protocal.  Does this sound
easier than what you are trying to do?

This is sooo cool!

Talk to you later.

Mike Diehl,