X86 for ECU

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Tue May 2 20:11:37 GMT 2000

John Dammeyer wrote:

> I used an 8051 variant running at 16MHz so the instruction speed was 0.75uS.

John, thanks for your very interesting posting. Is there a more extensive
write up of your 8051 project? I ask because a lot of people ask questions, about
EFI, that they perhaps wouldn't if they had read some of the things others
have tried successfully, and unsuccessfully. I'd like to see more stuff like
Tim Drury's article on DIY:

  http://www.diy-efi.org/diy_efi/projects/ddis/ddis.htm

I understand that it's a lot more effort, than responding to the odd email, but
I look at our DIY web site and wonder why there isn't more information detailing
members projects.

JM$02W, Peter