Dual TBI setup

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Mon May 8 20:07:16 GMT 2000

OK, play a word game.
HP is just a matter of toque at a specific rpm.  To proper size things you
want to make sure you can cover the max HP, plus allow a little flow for
slightly over that, to allow for shifting.
  So when sizing for injectors other then a lawnmower or some other ultra
low speed application all we have to really go on is HP.
  To get toque is a matter of engine components, and just about has nothing
to do with even mentioning EFI or carbbies.   Torque is getting really good
VE numbers at a low rpm.  All that matters is things condusive to that, for
what your doing.  If you want gobs of torque, then your going to want to
keep the air flow "high+ active", meaning a rather small carb, as opposed to
a 850 CFM Holley or dominator.
  Not looking to start a thread about the the virutues of BBC Torque.
Anyway,  I've easily gotten 325 with a mild BSC with just (2) 2"
butterflies.  This was using 2-90 lb/hr, BBC injectors.
90x2=180 (total lbs/hr)
BMFC .5 gets 1HP per .5 lb of fuel per hour
so the means 360 with a moderately tuned engine, done really right I'd think
you could get to .45 or 396 HP.  Then running the FP up some should be about
400+ HP, well within your target zone with one TB.

Trying to run 2 BBC TB on your combo would be like running a dominator on
it.
If you have to run two then use something closer to the 400 neighborhood

I ran two single barrel TB with both single and dual IACs connected.  If I
knew then what I know know I'd run both, I think.  Running just one TB lets
ya use the 747, if you have to run two then you need a driver board, or to
use the 749.  I would be ALOT easier for you to stay humble, and matter a
single set up first.
Grumpy

> QUOTE:
> How much honest HP ya wanna make?.
> Grumpy
> > Has anyone ever tried (or know of someone who did) a dual OEM TBI setup
on
> a SBC?  Just throw it on a dual carb-type single plane manifold.  Someone
> mentioned it on the Third-gen board and it has really got me wondering.
By