Help on turbo app.

justin ivan vlkslvr at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 00:16:30 GMT 2000

Dear list,
I am looking for help on a turbo application that I recently finished and am
trying to work the bugs out. This deals with a Volkswagen digifant efi
system, specifically the system set up for a corrado/passat g-60. I replaced
the supercharger with a turbo set-up and have run into a problem.  When I am
accelerating moderately (say 1/4 to 1/3 throttle) and shift gears my AFR
meter (An autometer connected to a separate Bosch O2 sensor on the downpipe)
the engine goes way lean (off the meter) and stays there for at least 1-2
secs before the it works it's way to stoich.  This is obviously concerning
as any lean condition is bad.
To clarify it's almost the same situation as if I was cruising at a good
speed (say 60mph) and then let off the throttle completely. In this case the
injectors essentialy shut-off and the AFR meter goes lean untill I either
press the gas again or the speed drops off enough that the engine starts to
make power again.
Does anyone have any information or suggestions on this problem or where to
look. The only thing that I can come up with right now is that my O2 sensors
are fouled from a  previous condition of running extremely rich (Rich enough
to foul the plugs at idle)  Could this be a possible cause? Please reply
either to the list or personally to me.
Thank you
Justin