max fuel pressure on holley unit with 9psi of boost

Shane Buss shaneb at ev1.net
Tue May 9 14:09:52 GMT 2000

I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now.  I have the 700cfm 4bbl holley tbi unit
(65# injectors) and i've got a 9psi intecooled ati supercharger on the way.

What i'm concerned about is the maximum fuel pressure. The procharger comes
with a regulator that will raise my fuel pressure under boost.  I know
someone said the 85# holley injectors QUIT FLOWING on a flowbench at 20
psi.. I personally have had my 65# injectors at 22psi before with no
problems.  How about the 65#'s? I don't think at 6000 rpms under 9 psi of
boost i would want my injectors to cut off.

I have diacom and a burner, and what i'm thinking is just setting my fuel
pressure to about 18psi, and then adjusting the chip for boost. I have
little to no experience tuning under boost though..

Opinons? Ideas?

Thanks,
Shane