Weathpack connectors for TPS

Tom Meagher tmeagher at netropolis.net
Wed May 10 04:50:16 GMT 2000

Hi all,
I've got a new scooter, a Polaris Victory V92SC, with a 1.5L V twin managed
by an MBE Systems (www.mbesystems.com) ECU.

It runs OK.  There's a lot of mystique and dissatisfaction over the silly
"TPS" adjustment.  Good Grief!  This seems to be the only knob that the
mechanics have available to tweak to bias the A/F map up or down.

Some owners have filed the locating bump off the plastic TPS housing and
manually rotate the sensor body a little to fool the ECU into biasing the
map to get it to run to their taste.  (One guy says he reaches down between
the cylinders while riding to tweak it, so he can super-enrich it to blast
other bikes away, then lean it back out for mileage while cruising (he also
has an O2 sensor on his rear cylinder)).

Anyway, along the lines of this, I want to do a similar thing electrically
by biasing the TPS output with another, handlebar mounted, potentiometer.

The TPS is a GM style AC Delco unit, I'm pretty sure.  It has a 3 pin small
"Weatherpack" style connector on it (I think).  The three pins are in a
right triangle arrangement, and there is a little plastic prong on the side
that must be lifted to separate it.  I can post a pic if necessary.

I want to insert a little box in series with this, so I'm looking for both
polarities of this connector.

Does anyone know where I can find this stuff?  Should I post the very active
GMECM list too, or would that be a faux pas? Thanks a bunch!

Tom Meagher
Houston TX