fuel pressure vs altitude

Flanagan, Stephen CECOM RDEC STCD Flanagan, Stephen CECOM RDEC STCD
Thu May 11 13:57:54 GMT 2000

Some of you aviation enthusiasts (Gar for one) might be able to give
some incite.

I am working on designing a system that will automatically change
my fuel pressure relative to different air densities.  I am going
to use this system on a turbo car that is controlled with a digital
fuel injection system.  Therefore, no mass air or air density
components in the normal loop.

The electronics side should not be that bad but the algorithm that will
control the system is where I do not have enough knowledge.

The question I have for the group is how much should the fuel pressure
be dropped for each increment in altitude change, i.e. say car is
running perfect at sea level (perfect A/F ratio) and for argument sake
the density altitude is also at sea level, when I change to a higher
altitude area with different weather conditions, what is the ball park %
of fuel that should be removed for each 1000ft change in density altitude.

Is there any literature out there that I could get my hands on that will
educate me in this area?

Thanks

sf