EPROM won't program correctly

Dan Plaskett dynastydan at worldnet.att.net
Thu May 11 15:24:19 GMT 2000

Tim

Could be the ZIF  They are notoriously bad on the Pocket Programmers.  I've
got a friend that has to push down on the chip every time he programs one.
You might try that or contact Pocket Programmer for a replacement unit. BTW.
The other thing you might check is to make sure you have a 27C256 chip.  I
was having a similar problem and found out the chip I thought was a 27C128
was actually a 27C256.  You might be dealing with a 27C512 and not know it.
If that happens to be the case you need to load the file twice  (or create a
special BIN with it twice) and choose 27C512 as the chip you are
programming.  Good luck.

Dan Plaskett