Bosch LE/2 Jetronic (info and problems)

Steve Spiers s.spiers at xtra.co.nz
Wed May 17 10:45:26 GMT 2000

> Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:04:51 +0100
> From: "Rich M" <rsrich at cwcom.net>
> Subject: RE: Bosch LE/2 Jetronic (info and problems)
>
> Steve,
> If it's any help, I came across some resistance values versus temperature
> for the Croma coolant sensor:
>  Croma 2000 ie Turbo 1986-90
> Temp                Resistance
> 20°C                2-4k
> 50°C                600-900 ohms
> 80°C                200-400 ohms
> 90°C                100-300 ohms

Yeah, I have a book with all the values

it was about 250 ohms at "normal" temp. this means its running about the right temp,
maybe the gague on the dash is wrong. In my experence Its ver unlikley that the gague on
the dash is wrong, but you never know

> These do show a bit of spread, but you may be able to make some measurements
> at running temperature to see if there's something obviously amiss. If you
> measure significantly higher than 300-400 ohms at running temperature, I
> think this could be a chunk of your problem.

I found one other interesting thing, 1 of the 3 values in the AFM was out, do you recon
that this means the AFM is broken?

I tried adjusting it on the Gas analiser, could not get the CO below 8%, It should be
about 1% or less. Adjustment screw on the AFM had little effect

Steve