easy anti-lag

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Thu May 18 23:13:15 GMT 2000

>Pinch the hose that goes to the wastegate.
>Retard timing.
>Increase fuel pressure.
>

>- --
>
>Frederic Breitwieser

Thanks Frederic.
Sounds good to me. How do I get those things to happen without opening the hood? I want this to work when I lift off of the gas, during deceleration when turning into a corner. And when launching from a stop on a dragstrip.

>Hello Dennis,
>
>no idea how to retard the timing that much, but it might be a good idea to
>watch the EGT. Might be very hard on exhaust valves and turbine wheel. I
>would not like EGT above 850-900deg C. Add fuel to reduce the EGT.
>
>greetings,
>Bernd Rausch

Thanks Bernd.
I already have an EGT gauge, it's just not installed yet. It will be in when I get this working. I noticed the turbing housing *glowing* when I was experimenting before and decided to put things to a stop until my EGT is installed. I hear that adding fuel can cause some problems by causing the exhaust manifold to cool too quickly, thus cracking it. I guess if you don't get it that hot in the first place....

Dennis