Fuel Injector Connector - *the MALE side* ?

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Fri May 19 01:48:57 GMT 2000

Once again, sorry for the annoying duplicate post for many, but I'm
pretty despert.

I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish a robust non-invasive
"splice" in the harness to each injector. [It's key to a product we're
working on; I can't tell ya more or I'd havta shoot meself :].

There are some test adapters available which have both a female/socket
(a normal fuel injector connector) and a male/plug (the equivalent of
what's on the injector itself), BUT these adapters don't have the "tit"
on them to LOCK the original injector connector to it. Cuz of course,
they're just test adapters and aren't meant to be permanent and locked.
I need to make a permanent locked-in connection on both ends.

If my description above of the connector I'm looking for is confusing,
bottom line is, I need a connector the same as what you see on an
injector itself, including the locking tab that's normally found on the
injector itself. Not a connector to go ON an injector (that's easy), but
a connector that LOOKS just like an injector itself, including the
locking tab.

Unless I'm blind, I don't see any such animal in the Packard catalog.
Whimper.

Anyone ever run across such a beast?; I'd be eternally grateful to hear
of a source.

Gar