easy anti-lag

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Thu May 25 00:48:19 GMT 2000

 > >But if your ignition is
> >not true sequential a fuel rev limiter is not safe either.
>
> I don't get the true sequential ignition part?
> Please explain. Like non-wasted spark?
> Or do you mean true sequential *injection*?
> I could understand that.

I always write ignition instead of injection, I think that it has something
to do with the swedish spelling... But most of the time i catch it before I
hit send, this one slipped thru.

> With the power disconnected from it it idles at 3000rpm. This is
> after forcing it closed to normal idle speed, then unplugging it
> while running. I think it requires voltage to stay closed. More
> voltage=more closed. I haven't had time to throw the DVOM at it yet.
> I need to do more testing.......

You might want to try a idle control valve from an old audi or vw, I think
they are pwm based, and they are closed when powerless.

> I've had my distributor turned to 35ATDC for 10 minutes at a
> time, holding 11psi of boost in the intake for more than a
> minute. Still got good compression/leakdown. I don't know if I'd
> try this on a car I *really* liked tho;)

Very impressive!

> I see what you're saying now. Each miss is equal to one pump of
> unburned air/fuel in the manifold/exhaust system/turbo. More
> misses=bigger bang. (light-bulb on above head)

Exactly!

> I'm kinda handy with a soldering iron, but new to making
> radio-shack gizmos. I might try to make something from a 555
> timer that is adjustable for percent of miss. Any hints for a
> newby are welcome.

I come to think about a JK flip-flop in toggle mode, with this you could
easily make the car miss every other spark. Without thinking further about
this I sense that combinations of JK flip-flops can give you most patterns.
But I think that a 'pic' will save you a lot of headache in this case.

> I want to try it with this setup, cause I got 4 more
> turbos and exhaust manifolds in my basement. The turbos are in "I
> should probly have this rebuilt, but...." shape.

I think that you can afford to experiment a bit then :)

Jörgen