easy anti-lag

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Thu May 25 03:38:25 GMT 2000

something
>to do with the swedish spelling... But most of the time i catch it before I
>hit send, this one slipped thru.

A Syclone in Sweden? Or a Swede in a Syclone?

>You might want to try a idle control valve from an old audi or vw, I think
>they are pwm based, and they are closed when powerless.

Thanks, I would probably just put an adjustable orifice on it and turn it on or off with that previously mentioned pressure switch.

>> I see what you're saying now. Each miss is equal to one pump of
>> unburned air/fuel in the manifold/exhaust system/turbo. More
>> misses=bigger bang. (light-bulb on above head)
>
>Exactly!

So by controlling the miss to ignite ratio, you control the intensity of the anti-lag, I am theorizing. I would guess that too many ignites would allow rpm to go up though, if used in a drag type system. I guess you could use an rpm switch to cut fuel a little higher than the ignition limit set point to control rpm.

>I come to think about a JK flip-flop in toggle mode, with this you could
>easily make the car miss every other spark. Without thinking further about
>this I sense that combinations of JK flip-flops can give you most patterns.
>But I think that a 'pic' will save you a lot of headache in this case.

So 'pic' me.

Like I said, I'm new to this stuff. JK flip flop?

>I think that you can afford to experiment a bit then :)

Yep.

I just bought the "$10-big-book-o-holley-stuff" the other day. Guess what feature their high end "Anihilator" ignition systems have? For nearly $600! Too rich for a poor-boy like me. If I spend that kind of dough, I'd better need a condom!

==
Dennis Doza II
87Shelby Charger B/S-15.8 at 88mph-Driver
87Shelby Charger R/S-13.24 at 103mph-Dad's racer
99Dakota Sport-15.5 at 87mph-For Sale $13,000
85Shelby Charger Red-15.1 at 96mph-dead-partscar
Member of Gateway Neon and Modern Mopars
http://204.50.82.80/gwneon/memb/dennisd.htm