Tuning advice sought -

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Sun May 28 23:00:22 GMT 2000

Mike,

Have you checked, double checked and tripple checked the plug cables? These
trucks often work better without an aftermarket ignition. I don't know why
but the cables must not even come near each other or any grounded part in
the engine compartment when used with an aftermarket ignition. This is the
most common problem I have seen on a syclone, after cracked ring lands and
bent rods of course...

Loosing the MSD is a good idea if you really don't need it.

By the way do you still use a catalytic converter?
Do you still use the stock turbo?

> <boom-clank-snap>  Everything on this truck is tough to work on.  I think
> the MSD6a was causing most of my knock problems.  Making no other
> changes, the KR went from 12deg+ to 2-4 during boost spikes after gear
> changes.  ISomething went wrong with it I guess...
>  I still have no idea what's with the slightly low O2 numbers, but it's
> running well.  Now I just have to work on the waste gate code to make it
> react faster.  I'm spiking from 19psi to 24 during gear changes.  It's
> interesting
> that you can make it reduce boost whan a knock retard threshold
> is reached.
> I just doesn't react fast enough..

Jörgen Karlsson
Gothenburg, Sweden