Tuning advice sought -

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Mon May 29 02:00:12 GMT 2000

Hi Jörgen,
I still have the factory shortblock, aside from SpeedPro rings & bearings.
  I think many of the turbo 4.3 engines are put into the grave early due to
 detonation.  I live 20 minutes from the track, and have hundreds
of runs on my truck, most of them with the diacom connected.
 If I show up when the track opens at 5PM Wednesday night,
 I can usually get 15 runs in..  I watch the knock retard *very* closely.
A gear-change boost-spike causing 2-4 deg of knock retard is the
most I hope to see.  The rest of the time, it is zero.
  The boost spikes seem to be much worse than in the past,
while little has changed in my setup.. As soon as the rain lets
up, I'm going to try a bunch of wastegate parameter changes
in the chip to see what has the most impact.
    (Thank you Richard Tomlinson, wherever you are)
Mike V