VSS Questions

John D. Bachman jdbachman at redrose.net
Wed May 31 11:25:41 GMT 2000

"John D. Bachman" wrote:

> Hi.
> Trying to sort out the VSS in a transplanted '87 350 TPI 700R4 (from a

> Trans Am/GTA). A while back, I bookmarked something from the old
archives
> titled: GM 4 out buffer. Now I can't seem to retrieve the info, just
> when I need it the most...
> Can anyone provide the pinout for the 4 out buffer (yellow box) from
the

> T/A? Or for the proprietary GM IC inside the box?
> Very much appreciated--JB

OK, so I downloaded the archives, brought them up in Word, did a *find*
for buffer and got an answer, from May 1999.
Problem is, the IC on the *4 out buffer* from this GTA is a Motorola
6758E, not 6962H like the post from the archives describes (from an '89
Caprice).
Can't find anything about the Motorola chip in my books, on the 'net or
anywhere else.
Does anyone have any information about this IC, or a wiring diagram
showing this 4 out buffer?
Thank you --JB