REALLY basic newbie ?'s

Joe Beninca beninca at ains.net.au
Thu Nov 2 06:25:46 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris P. <cp914 at lvcm.com>
To: <DIY_EFI at lists.diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, 2 November 2000 4:18 PM
Subject: REALLY basic newbie ?'s

> Hello everyone, thanks for reading this.
> I have a bunch of newbie questions related to wanting to reprogram a
Nissan
> ECU for boosted conditions. I'm not new to car mechanics, electronics, or
> computers, just "brains" & non-internet programming.
>
> 1. What hardware/software do I need to get to read/write the chip?
> 2. Is there a "basics" page I can read through on ECU internals?
> 3. Do all ECU's use the same or simular coding?
> 4. What do I need to know about my paticular ECU before I ask more
> questions?

To now turbocharge an engine and sort out all the map point is time
consuming and with little experience, lots of chance to destroy engine.
Why not buy an Autronic system and enjoy immediate results for surprisingly
low cost.
>From the normally aspirated Nissan ECU you can never attain the same
refinement.
$1536Aus ....1 US dollar = almost 2 AUS dollar
See some data at