looking for air bypass solenoid

jamesc at venturalink.net jamesc at venturalink.net
Tue Oct 10 20:08:11 GMT 2000

I had the same dilemma for my custom fi computer so decided to use the Ford/Mazda
style solenoid instead that uses a PWM signal to determine bypass, rather than fancy
GM stepper motors used by this group.  (Of course the real reason is my car is a
Mustang that already has one)

But I think these are actually easier to implement because you just have to do a
little welding/cutting to fashion a flange for the bypass solenoid to attach to, and
the rest is just normal plumbing.  To implement a GM style sepper bypass that was
used on my Electromotive, you have to do custom machining.

There has to be a dozen ways to generate a variable PWM signal based off a voltage
or whatever, if you don't want your firmware to do it.