1998's Motronic Project - 1802 CPU

944 at technologist.com 944 at technologist.com
Mon Oct 23 21:37:00 GMT 2000

There was a project in the archives back in 1998. It dealt with ML1.0 and
ML1.1 Motronic ECUs that were based on the RCA 1802 CPU. There was talk of
adding O2 sensor capability to ECUs that originally did not use one. I have
had no luck contacting these individuals directly do to expired e-mail
addresses. If anyone involved is still a member, please contact me. There
are a few of us that have started work on the 1802 system again. Any
information that you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. I don't
want to "reinvent the wheel" if some of the work has already been done by
you.

If you have a partial schematic to these boards, let me know. If you have a
disassembled ROM listing that you have added comments to, I would like to
see it. Even a partial listing would be helpful. There are a few of us that
would benefit from what you have already accomplished.

Anyone else interested in working on their 1802 based Motronic systems,
contact me and I will keep you informed.

Thanks,

FR Wilk
944 at technologist.com
1984 944 Porsche