Sequential vs Batch Fire

Axel Rietschin Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com
Sun Oct 29 23:47:38 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Ballenger" <vtjballeng at yifan.net>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2000 1:34 AM
Subject: RE: Sequential vs Batch Fire

> I didn't fully explain these details b/c I didn't feel they were
necessary.
> High impedance injectors (saturation) have an opening time of ~ 1.2-2 ms.
> will be using Low impedance injectors (peak and hold) which have an
opening
> time of ~.3-1.2 ms (large variance due to a lot of different information I
> have gotten from manufacturers).
>
> As far as closing time is concerned, I never got a figure for that.
> Assuming .5ms, does the ECU stop the current to them .5ms early or is this
> just added on to the existing pulsewidth values of most ECUs, unbeknownst
> most people?

My ECU certainly dont. Anyway, the opening/closing time is of relative
importance since the actual pulse widths are usually being empirically
discovered on a dyno for all speed/load points. I believe it's just
something to have in mind when making computations in order to find out the
best injector size.

--Axel Rietschin