SDS vs GM

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Oct 30 14:51:45 GMT 2000

There's a ton of info about the GM 1227749 ecm in the archives here, the
GMECM list, and at the syty.org site.  Uses a 2 bar MAP sensor.

The whole **trick** to the aftermarket stuff is just making it simple enough
to work so the average guy can use it, IMO.
Properly done, I'll never see how an aftermarket one can approach a gmecm
for a streetable application.  For averall drivibility, mileage,
dependability, etc.
If I need a spare, for $50 I can get one.  How much, and how long for an
aftermarket one to get fixed and back to you?.
  BTW, for a few years the Turbo Sunbird used the 749 and it was a sub 2L 4
cylinder using P+H injectors
Bruce