Pulsewidths & injectors & coils ;-)

Nicholas Parker nrparker at ihug.co.nz
Tue Sep 12 05:42:28 GMT 2000

Hello List,
What are ballpark figures for the resolution (in time) you need for
effective injector control?  What have people discovered empirically?  Is
8us stupidly small? Is 64us too course? My injectors are 365cc/min rating
(not sure if that 100% duty for 1 minute?) What is the usually way of
specifying flow capacity?
More questions I have regarding coils.
What is the normal method for coil control..I understand turning it off
makes a spark, it is essentially like an inductor to control.  Can the coil
run say all the time, (with a current limit method - say resistor ballast)
and only be turned off for say a couple of ms whenever you want a spark?

Thank you, Nick Parker.