Need Serial Comm port help!!!

Carlo Putter carlop at cidev.com
Fri Apr 6 06:58:59 GMT 2001

>Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:04:47 -0400
>From: "Flanagan, Steve" <Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com>
>Subject: Need Serial Comm port help!!!

>I recently upgraded my laptop to a Compaq presario 1200.  My intention was
>get rid of my 50Mhz old machine and have something that runs windows.  I
use
>this laptop at the racetrack to run my data recording software (windows),
>MSD
>software (windows) and my Accel DFI software (DOS).

Concerning the Serial port,
Are you running windows NT/2000 ?
if so, then that is your problem, the NT
architecture does not allow direct serial port
access, which I assume is used if the program
ran under DOS. Make a dual boot system and
install win98 (maybe Windows ME would work as
well)

Cheers
Carlo