K-Jet /PIC hybrid

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 23 04:59:04 GMT 2001

The Punisher tapped away at the keyboard with:

> anybody know anything about the flow rates of K-jetronic injectors? The
> VW/audi/volvo 4-5 cylinder systems, NOT the V8 versions.
> Just doing a little thinking about a REAL simple 8-bit micro
> controlled constant flow system with inexpensive oem parts
> (K-jet's are plentifull at the wrecking yard).
> And before I get replies about how bad they suck, I was only
> thinking about the injectors and lines, not the wacky airflow
> sensor. airflow sensing would be basic speed density/n-alpha combo
> for realy wild cams.
> Any k-jet injector info would help me determine if its workable.

Each injector flows enough to produce in excess of 100bhp; dependent
on fuel pressure and supply flow rate. vis Audi Quattro turbo,
Porsche 944 Turbo.

Golf GTI has about 200cc/minute/injector fuel flow at nominal
battery voltage.

How will you be regulating the fuel pressure and flow rate to the injector?

--
Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia