K-Jet /PIC hybrid

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 07:15:28 GMT 2001

So what you are saying is that they all use the same injector. That works
into my plan perfectly.
I plan to use either a servo or stepper controlled valve.
I dont know the proper name of the type of valve I intend to make. Its a
small diameter hardened shaft turned down in a section in the middle. A
crossdrilled hole at one end of the chamber supplies pressurized fuel. A
long slot running most of the length of the chamber provides fuel to the
injectors. The movement of the valve inside the chamber uncovers more or
less of the slot. This method seemed to work just fine on my old predator
carbs and they used a hole not a slot. the idea of the slot is to make the
flow rate more linear in relation to valve position.
also the main fuel pressure regulator could be adjusted electronicly.

This project could be done with a single PIC or AVR.

Ever since I first helped a friend with a 'Ron's Flying Toilet' injected
drag car I have thought a constant flow/electronic hybrid would work. Last
weeks trip to the pick-youre-part showed me that there is ALOT of K-Jetronic
stuff sitting there that nobody seems interested in(understandable).Also I
seen a web site that showed sandrails being fitted with K-jet's and the
owners seemed real pleased(tune with screwdrivers instead of computer).
I have alot more planning/research to do. Thanks for the injector info.

The Punisher