Land ROVER ECU 2nd try

Franc Buxton fab at dcs.warwick.ac.uk
Fri Apr 27 08:19:41 GMT 2001

> Alain Marchildon wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Two week ago I hade posted asking for any information on the Land Rover ECU
> used in a Discovery 1998 Canadian edition so the US ECU is in there with a
> 4.0l engine.
>
> My computer crashed and I hade to recover from a backup and I lost the replies
> that where sent to me.

	Hi, Alain,

	I sent you some info about that, I'll dig it out and resend it. From
what I send, you'll see that Lucas GEMS is not one to mess with lightly, but it
probably won't benefit from it anyway!

	GEMS, by the way stands for "Generic Engine Management System" when it's
the Lucas one, as opposed to the aftermarket company, who are called "General
Engine Management Systems Ltd.", I believe. I'm surprised they haven't had
fallings-out over that one - they both call their system "GEMS".

	Regards,
		Franc.
--
      W------W
    WW---  ---WW     fab at dcs.warwick.ac.uk
   (|     L    |)    fab at StunnedBuffalo.com
      X\____/X       tel.: +44 (0)705 060 4-FAB
       XXXXXX             (+44 (0)705 060 4 322)
        XXXX         http://www.StunnedBuffalo.com