Aussie ECU's

Andrew R. Ghali andrewg at 16paws.com
Fri Apr 27 08:47:59 GMT 2001

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:41:29 +0200, "Axel Rietschin" <axel_rietschin at compuserve.com> wrote:

>However, it uses gasket type pressure sensors (see
>http://www.ngkntk.co.jp/english/products/e_guide/sensors/p_08.html ) which
>are extremely expensive, I was told.

Nifty!  I looked around the site and found a "misfire detection unit":

http://www.ngkntk.co.jp/english/products/e_guide/sensors/p_10.html

My interest is piqued, but unfortunately the description is rather terse.
How does this thing work?  Does it only detect misses or detonation too?
Does it use the voltage across the plug method, ala "ION", or something
else?  Does anyone have any information or sources?

Thanks-

Andrew