Water Injection

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:52:33 GMT 2001

When I was much younger My father had a turbocharged corvair that he
frequently ran very hard. When the water injection was working itwas no
problem. but when it was out of water it would usualy burn a hole in a
piston. Needless to say, this car was under repair ALOT!
Some friends had a pair of 67 camaro's both with similar 11-12:1 compression
small blocks. They were very serious street cars(at the time) the one of the
cars had a water injection system that they used to mix with alky and it was
very effective at reducing detonation. I think it was triggered off a switch
on the throttle and a vaccum advance pod mounted on a flat plate that would
activate a switch at an adjustable low vaccum level.