mass air flow conversion

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Apr 1 03:21:26 GMT 2001

The Ford MAFs are terribly prone to any turbulence in the air tract.   IMHO,
you'll be further ahead to just change to a MAP system.    (Maybe GM. even).
Maybe use a GM late MAF sensor, if your into doing a conversion might as
well use the best <g>..   On my Gn I relocated the MAF to right by the
Throttle body, and this has worked out great.  The GN sensor uses a center
foil, and screen to reduce the turbulence.
   Going MAP would be my first suggestion, and second the late GM MAF
Bruce