Pocket Programmer Info?

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Aug 9 05:31:39 GMT 2001

(This bounced last week while the list was down...)

Kristopher Means wrote:

> the 2N4401 is your garden variety NPN switching transistor.  They list it as
> an NTE123AP, although looking at the specs, I can't see why you can't use
> a 2N2222 (NTE123A) (the "P" has a little better settling time).

They are in different packages.  The 4401 is in the little black plastic
cylinders with one flat side.  The 2222 historically came in metal cans,
though there is now a variant available in plastic.  I think it's called
the 2N2222P.  I don't know if the pinout is the same as the 2N4401 or not.