DIY WB update

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Tue Aug 14 14:20:46 GMT 2001

Question:

Would it be possible to "hire" someone or a company
to put the boards together (assemble all of the components
to the board) and buy a batch of completed boards without
violating the spirit of the "no-one should profit" from the
WB?

Could we get enough group interest to have some electronics
company in silicon valley build the boards for us for
a reasonable amount?

Anyone have any input or ideas?

I am a Mech E and looking at the schematics and considering
my limited soldering skills, am worried that I will either
fry components, or build a board which does not work and
will be nearly impossible to troubleshoot.

If doing this would not violate the spirit of the WB effort,
I would be happy to check a couple of sources for costs
and quantities required to do this.

I of course do not intend to profit from this, just looking
to get myself a WB O2 without shelling out the retail rates...

Steve

Stephen M. Andersen, P.E.                              (302) 326-6405
Technical Director                                    FAX  (302) 326-6401
AdvanTek International, LLC                     Cell   (302) 547-9842
56 Read's Way                               andersen at Advan-Tek.com
New Castle, DE 19720